This is really simple and yummy. Can be a side dish or a main with baby spinach or field greens.
- 1 med clove garlic, finely minced (about 1 tsp)
- 1/2 shallot, minced (about 1 tsp)
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- pinch salt
- 1 tin white kidney beans, rinsed and well drained (low/no salt)
- 1 tin flaked tuna, drained
- Mix garlic, shallot, capers, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk well to make a simple vinaigrette
- Add beans & tuna and mix well
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes for the flavours to meld a bit
Serve as a side dish or just as a simple meal. Squeeze more lemon juice over if you’re into that sort of thing.