Whipped this up last night for a fennel & celery salad (pretty much my favourite salad).
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or grated (a microplane grater is a wonder here)
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest (see above re: microplane grater)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp honey (or brown sugar, mirin, etc…something sweet)
- Dash salt
Directions are simple: put everything into a bowl, bottle, or jar and whisk or shake to combine.
The fennel & celery salad is insanely simple:
- 2 bulbs of fresh fennel (aka: anise), sliced as thinly as you can manage
- Roughly the same amount of thinly sliced celery
- An ounce or so of parmagiana cheese strips (make these by using a vegetable peeler on a hunk of the cheese — long, thin strips)
Toss these with the vinaigrette. Ta dah.