Modified a recipe for chana masala and came up with this. It’s really yummy and very easy. Almost no prep work, about 15 mins to get started, and 20-30 mins to simmer.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 4-5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin diced tomatoes, including juice
- 5oz or so baby spinach
1. Heat oil over medium in a 4qt pot. Saute onions and garlic for a 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add spices and stir well. It’ll be weird and a little lumpy, but don’t worry about that. Cook for a few more minutes.
3. Add lemon juice, stir well, then add the chickpeas and tomatoes. Bring to a low simmer, and cook uncovered for 20-30 mins. Remove from heat, and stir in the baby spinach until it wilts. Serve with brown rice or a tasty grain medley.