I got tagged by robcee, so here goes…
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post. (see above)
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post. (see below)
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs. (see below)
- Let them know they’ve been tagged. (you’ll just have to trust me)
The Seven Things
1) I figure skated for many years as a kid and was pretty good at it. I quit when I was 17.
2) I haven’t driven since sometime in 1994. Until this year I just never lived somewhere where I needed a car. My license has since expired, so right now I find myself in the interesting position of owning a vehicle (a second-hand van I got for a song) but not being able to drive it.
3) I used to collect comic books. I still have two decent-sized boxes, most of which are old X-Men and related mutie titles. I am an annoying person to watch the X-Men movies with.
4) I didn’t get interested in food until around 2001 and didn’t really start cooking at all until 2002-2003. In 2001 I was living in Montreal, and it was there that I discovered that food can be f&*%ing incredible. The combination of cheap rent, high salary, and a city full of insanely awesome restaurants expanded my epicurean horizons by several orders of magnitude. Until then I’d largely lived on ramen, kraft dinner, and boiled potatoes with butter. I am not joking.
5) I was addicted to the Asheron’s Call MMORPG (an early precursor of World of Warcraft), and played it with obsessive-compulsive fervour for two years. Funnily enough, the game is still going, having recently celebrated their 100th monthly update. I hope they leave it going forever, if only so I never have to completely say goodbye to Dereth. Holtburg, represent.
6) I was a total goth in highschool (more of an early precursor to goth since goth wasn’t goth then). There is no photographic evidence of this that I am aware of, and I would like it to stay that way.
7) I really love camping, but never get a chance to go any more. I’ve even gone winter camping, which is crazy fun although your feet are basically wet the whole time.
- Shaver – Because he introduced me to Asheron’s Call.
- Lilly – Because he’s fun.
- Melissa – Because she’s awesome.
- Mary – Because she’s also awesome.
- Zab – Because he’s Zab.
- Peter Rukvina – To get this meme over to PEI.
- Nicholas McDowell – Because I’ve known him since something stupid like 1994 but haven’t actually met him yet. Yay internet.