I’m missing some fairly basic kitchen gear:
- A rolling pin.
- Muffin tins.
- A large, shallow, oven-proof dutch oven for braises.
- A wok. And not the $300 La Creuset one.
- An 8″ oven-proof non-stick skillet.
- Flexible cutting mats (2).
- An immersion blender. I might go get one of these tomorrow.
- A very accurate digital kitchen scale. So many recipes call for weights rather than measures. I’d also like to be able to weigh my coffee rather than use the less-accurate “scoops” measuring method.
There is other kitchen gear I want but don’t really need:
- More cutting boards. Ideally large plastic ones. Wood cutting boards look nice but they weigh too much and require too much maintenance.
- More jars and bottles. I want to start making infused oils and (believe it or not) preserves (preserved lemons, tomatoes, jams, etc.).
- Actually air-tight small spice jars/bottles. A couple of dozen would do.
- More bowls of all shapes and sizes.
- Nice big, white, shallow pasta bowls.
- More chopsticks.
- More air-tight canisters that will hold a pound of coffee beans. I have one. I think I need three.
- A full-size food processor.
- A bread machine.
- A mortar and pestle.
- A microplane grater. (This might graduate to the actual “need” list soon.)