Noticed a little red “Update Available” in the corner of my Performancing editor/extension this morning. Clicked it, reinstalled, et voila. My favourite update (and, really, the only one I’ve noticed so far) is that the “Performancing” item in the context menu is no longer at the top (where “Back” should be and has been for the last, oh, forever). Thank god.
Update: Also included in this update is the ability to add Technorati tags to posts. Not the greatest UI decision I’ve seen in my life, but the feature is there at least. I’m a shade wary of feature-creep for this extension, but so long as the UI is finessed so it all works nicely, it’ll be ok.
In other Performancing-related news, Asa tells me that the SpellBound spell-checker extension integrates seamlessly with Performancing. I haven’t tested it yet (I’ve always had issues relying on spellcheckers), but you should check it out.
Update: The version of SpellBound you need to make this work can be found at this MozillaZine forum post. I’ve installed it and it’s awesome — spellcheck as you type in text areas. Super slick!
Also: the Performancing guys are having an ad competition of their own: Hey, we’re not rich, but if someone can come up with a kick-ass logo/ad for us, we’ll happily dole out a $500 cash prize, and if we use it in the app itself, give you credit for that on the about tab, naturally 🙂